Saturday, July 19, 2008
Half Dinner and Half Party

After YF, i went down to St. Gabriel's Secondary School for their 50th Anniversary Dinner. Although I had the intention of going to Zoe's party at 6.30pm, somehow due to friday's poor response from my friend, my mum "punished" me for dragging my auntie's families for the dinner, by having to entertain them till 8.30pm. However, I saw some light in the matter. St. Gabriel's, being my old secondary school, hold some significant value in me, and visiting some of my old teachers wouldnt do much harm as well.

The dinner started at about 7.30pm. Not with food, but with a length of speeches from the old boring people from high above, like some Fathers, Chairmans and the minister from our rival brother school, Mr Lim Boon Yeng. A bit of a present ceremony, a prayer for our food, and off we go with dinner. While my table was busy eating their dinner, I took a nibble before trying to find the old teachers of the school. As usual, the common tagline was "Oh Darren, you looked so different now!" I do believe they couldnt even remember my face, but oh well, it feels good hearing them talk about how I have changed. I saw Miss Teo, Mrs Jean Koh and Mr Nick Chow at the table, with Miss Toh Hui Yuan and Mr Chan Siew Fook completely forgetting who I am. Somehow, my other teachers, Mr Jeffery Chan and Mr Stanley Tan were no longer around.

Part 2 happened at 9pm. The venue had changed to Zoe's Party at Aquarius condominium. By the time I have arrived, she had already blown out the candles and was busy taking photos of her respective groups. Grabbing the remains of her dinner (cause I didnt eat much from the Gabriellite dinner), I must admit that the catered food along with the other food prepared by her family was pretty good. Not forgetting to mention the birthday girl, who took the floor with her splendid looks. I didnt like it though.. especially when she was taller than me on the day itself. (haha~ just kidding!)Gamesmaster!
Once again, the gamesmaster in me had to work. My plan on getting Fel or Bdique didnt work, as there wasnt the "right atmosphere" that created the opportunity of the game. I wanted to believe that too, but after seeing Zoe's YioChuKang auntie carrying the heavy duty video camera, I know it has to be done.. After drinking a sip of red wine, and a stroke of a metal tongs onto a glass bottle, i started the games with 2 "beach games" to commemorate the theme of the party "Jamaican Sunset".

It was a fun party and a pleasant dinner, but certainly a tiring one. Boy was I glad that the day was over. :)


Up, up and away says Super Pioneer Daron.
11:59 PM.